Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Resolution

Last year I made a New Year resolution to lose weight and begin living. This has been my resolution for at least the last 20 years. I finally did it! After experiencing two of the most difficult years of my life, I finally hit the bottom and said enough is enough. Last January I began my journey, I joined a gym. I began to inspect every ounce of everything that went into my mouth and hopped on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Within the first week my resolution was quickly beginning to fade. Purely by fate, I happen to be there on a night the gym had started a new Zumba class, I reluctantly went in. Wow! Really the day my life changed.

I have been taking a class 4-5 days a week ever since. I am down 50lbs and have gone from being in the "at risk" category to "below average" category for serious health risks. I never imagined on the first class (which I struggled even making half way through) I would in 6 months be a certified Zumba Fitness Instructor. I was certified in July and have taught weekly ever since. What a difference a year makes! I am so inspired to share what so many incredible instructors cared to share with me. God willing, my resolution for 2011 is to take what was shared with me and hope that maybe someone ,like myself, a year from now will be rejoicing in success! Remember physical and mental limitations are challenges not barriers.

2 comments:

  1. Our weightloss journey started the same way! I was 3 mon PP and I could only run 2 minutes before I had to walk. I did that for about a week and was getting discouraged. But my sis told me about zumba so I went! I remember seeing you there and we were both like "where do I stand??" and by the end we were like "that was a blast!!!" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish that I was in Utah so I could take a class from you!!! Way to go girl!!! (it's Christen Vargo btw)

    ReplyDelete