Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fundraising is Fabulous!

I had the privilege this last Friday night to be part of an amazing fundraising event. A fellow Zumba instructor is also a high school teacher at a continuation school here in Utah. She and her marketing students put together a Zumbathon to raise money to send these students to a marketing convention in April. Myself and 9 other instructors basically just showed up and taught a couple songs for a crowd of about 150. I had the easy part, but these kids did all the work, I mean they put together one great event. They sure earned every penny. What really blessed me about this whole night was to find out that these are the kids that have been pushed aside and really given up on. Thank God for teachers like Tomee who know and see potential in everyone no matter what, who or where they came from. I am still on cloud nine thinking about what these kids will experience this year and all the opportunity that awaits them if they are willing to take it.

I'm so proud to be part of an organization that can help raise funds and awareness for all sorts of charitable organizations. This week my plan is to go to another instructors class I have never gone to. I'm not sure who or when, but definitely something new. There are so many amazing classes to choose from and I want to learn from them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment