Monday, January 3, 2011

Containers Trick Your Brain!!

As much as I would love to say Zumba is the answer to all your weight loss needs it's not. Nutrition is a huge factor to the equation. I just spent the last weekend thinking I could indulge in a little more sugar, fat, carbs and larger servings then usual, because I worked so hard all year. Tonight was proof I was dead wrong. I felt horrible through my class tonight. I mean I felt gross. You really are what you eat and tonight I was a marshmallow!

The bottom line is, what is the point of working out if you are not going to provide your body with the right fuel to do it's job. Nutrition is everything. People now ask what is it that I do different when it comes to eating? There is a lot, but if I had to name one behavior that made the most significant change it would be packing my lunch. No matter how tired I am I force myself to pack my lunch every night. Never the day of, it has to be in advance. The more important part is what I pack my lunch in. Little containers. I mean like half cup to a cup containers. This is how I learned portion control. If the container is just a little larger than the portion it looks like more. I need to trick my brain in every meal. My thoughts of food and portions where completely out of whack. Most portions are never over 1 cup. In a large bowl I always felt it was not enough, but it is. Oh and I went from spending about $5.00 - $6.00 a day on lunch, now my cost is anywhere from $.50-$1.50. More money for Zumba wear!!

1 comment:

  1. Mind if I link your blog on mine? I love your fitness advice!!

    ReplyDelete